Melody Cheal has a degree in Psychology, an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology, diploma in Psychotherapy and is an NLP Master Practitioner and Certified Master Trainer. She is part of the external verification panel for the ANLP accreditation programme.
As a partner in The GWiz Learning Partnership, Melody runs courses in both the private and the public sector, focusing on interpersonal skills and self-awareness. Over the last twenty-five years she has worked with international committees, directors, senior managers, teams and front line staff in groups and one to one as a coach. She specialises in NLP, emotional intelligence, personal effectiveness, understanding behaviour and developing potential.
Melody Cheal regularly speaks at national conferences and has presented her dissertation research at an international research conference. Her work was published in an academic journal as a result. In 2019 she has been shortlisted for an Award.
Her coaching courses have included ILM accredited courses from Level 3 all the way through to Level 7 and now the Association for Coaching (AC) Accredited Diploma, Psychological Approaches to Coaching. She has also developed and run a number of in-house coaching and mentoring programmes. Her TA for coaches workshop is very popular, for example, she taught this coaching programme to over 100 managers in Santander as part of a strategy to create a coaching culture.
She has also taught Positive Psychology as visiting lecturer at the University of East London.
Melody also served on a working party in the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) over 20 years ago. The working party was exploring coaching competencies.
In the late 90’s she served as a Director at Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce and at the Institute of Developmental Transactional Analysis.
Melody Cheal is a member of the following bodies:
Association for Coaching
British Psychological Society
Association of NLP
American Board of Hypnosis
Qualifications and Training
- MSc in Applied Positive Psychology
- Degree in Psychology (BA Hons.)
- Certified HNLP Coach
- ICF ACTP qualified Coach
- MBTI Practitioner
- LAB Profile Practitioner
- Emotional Intelligence Practitioner
- iWAM Practitioner
- Certified Trainer of NLP with SNLP and Neuro-Energetics
- Certified Master Trainer of NLP with Neuro-Energetics
- Practitioner and Master Practitioner in NLP
- Certified Trainer of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy.
- Practitioner and Master Practitioner of Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in NLP, Psychotherapy and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
- Licensed Trainer of Core Transformations
- Licensed Trainer of The Wholeness Work
- Qualified Re-evaluation Co-counsellor
- Six years of training in Transactional Analysis
- Seven-year training as a group leader and facilitator
- Organisational Member of Association for Coaching
- Understanding Drama in the Coaching Room, the theory - November 2, 2023
- How Coaches are invited into the Drama and what happens next! - October 25, 2023
- Why are Coaches getting sucked into their client’s drama? Great question, right? - October 18, 2023