Melody Cheal MSc Applied Positive Psychology
I began my own journey into Personal Development when I was twenty-nine years old. Up until that time I had been mildly depressed, I was in a dead-end job and my personal relationships were unsatisfying.
I attended a short personal development course that mixed guided visualisations, meditation, psycho-drama and philosophical discussion. As a consequence, I experienced a paradigm shift in my thinking and was able to recognise that I had value and worth as a human being. This was a life-changing moment for me.
As a result, I changed everything in my life and took on the mission of helping others make similar shifts in their lives. I retrained, went to university and started looking for new ways of making a difference.
During that time I met Joe Cheal, my husband and co-trainer on many of the courses offered at GWiz NLP. We have now been married for twenty-five years and helping others for a similar length of time.
I am passionate about providing more than just training for the people who attend our courses. It is important to me that our students feel part of a community with ongoing support, encouragement and mentoring to help them achieve the outcomes they desire.
My other passion is Wildlife and Conservation. I have always taken a keen interest in the natural world and wildlife photography is one of my hobbies.
More recently I decided to take this passion further by changing my long-time membership with Sussex Wildlife Trust (SWT) from a Personal Membership to an Organisational Membership.
I donate time to provide training and coaching to Sussex Wildlife Trust pro bono. You will also meet SWT staff on some of my public courses as I also provide several free places to them each year.
This is one of the ways I make a contribution to society.
On a personal note I have recently re-connected with a hobby from my youth, Dog Showing. This is bringing me great joy and is a reminder that one way to protect your well-being is to make sure you still find joy in life every day. My dogs give me this joy both at home playing and when we go to shows.
Click the link to find out more about Melody’s work history Link
More on how I help others in my work:
I have four different methods for helping people:
- Accredited Training courses in Coaching, Supervision, Hypnotherapy and NLP– the training courses offer you a way to develop a set of skills to help yourself and others. You may also be surprised to discover that you are likely to experience personal transformation along the way. For example, our NLP Practitioner Training often encourages a growth mindset and increases both resilience and self-esteem.
- Short Personal Development Courses – the one to four-day courses will give you that boost to start making personal changes. This includes many workshops such as Core Transformations that also have an Association for Coaching CPD Certificate.
- Supervision, Coaching and Mentoring for Coaching, Trainers, Hypnotherapy and NLP Practitioners – this service is specifically for you if you have or would like to have a business offering help to others. I provide you with professional and personal support in reaching your goals.
- One to one support sessions – you can work with me privately to clear personal limitations, build confidence and overcome issues that have been holding you back. There are a range of options available including one hour sessions, extended breakthrough sessions and video conferencing. The focus can be personal or professional development. Please note my private practice is currently full.
Awards and Recognition
In 2019 Melody was shortlisted for the Research Award Category at the NLP Awards London. She was awarded the runners up Certificate for her work researching how NLP improves Self-esteem and Well-being.
Her dissertation for this research was published in the NLP Journal and she presented the paper at the NLP Research Conference.
Melody was awarded Speaker of the Year 2019 by Kent CIPD. She was invited to act as MC for the CIPD Kent Branch Awards.
Find out more:
- The Power of Group Supervision in Coaching and NLP - May 25, 2022
- Creating a Positive Coaching Culture in Organisations - May 3, 2022
- What is a Coach chemistry meeting? - April 27, 2022